Advertising - Continue reading below Species
1. There are more than 150 species of tulips and more than 3,000 different varieties.Symmetrical
2. The buds of its flowers are known to be symmetrical almost perfectly.Your shoots
3. Most tulips have only one flower but some varieties have up to four on a single stem.Liliaceae
4. Tulips are part of the liliaceae family.In spring
5. Tulips bloom only between 3 and 7 days in spring.
6. You can find tulips in almost any color.Meaning
7. According to Teleflora, tulips have a meaning depending on their color. Red flowers symbolize true love, while purple flowers represent loyalty.To ask for forgiveness
8. Have you made a mistake? White tulips mean "I'm sorry."Hello Spring
9. Tulips are the sign of the arrival of spring.Netherlands
10. Tulips are flowers native to Central Asia but in reality they are not as popular there as they are in the Netherlands.
11. The Parkinson's Disease Foundation uses tulip as its symbol.The masks
12. Tulips were once one of the most expensive flowers ...Few flowers
13 ... And in 1600, it is even said that they cost up to 10 times more than the average salary of a man working in the Netherlands, thus becoming very valuable in some homes.Tulipmania
14. The period of time in which these flowers were so expensive (between 1634-1637) is now known as "Tulip Mania".Edible petals
15. The petals of tulips are edible (if not treated with chemicals) and can be used instead of onions in many recipes.Producers
16. The Netherlands is the largest producer of tulips in the world, with around three billion exported each year.If you cut it, it grows and grows and grows ...
17. If you cut a tulip, it will continue to grow a few more centimeters if you put it in a water base.Autumnal plantation
18. According to the New York Times, the best time to plant tulip bulbs is in the fall so that the roots can grow before it is too cold.The light
19. Tulips will twist in order to grow in the direction of light (even in a vase!).
Via: House Beautiful US