With fruit, cereals, seeds or sweets. Social networks have taught us countless combinations to have yogurt for breakfast. The growing importance for a healthy life has made this natural product the perfect option to have a full breakfast. And these reasons prove it.
- It contributes to the intake of minerals - such as calcium, phosphorus and potassium - of vitamins and proteins that help to improve in a balanced and healthy diet.
- It is a perfect ally to face the day with energy and an alternative to traditional breakfasts.
- It is the fermented food that can be taken by people with problems to digest lactose because during the fermentation process of milk, they break and eat lactose. In addition, a yogurt contains approximately 4 grams of lactose, a more than affordable figure for people who have a problem digesting it, since they can only ingest 12 grams a day - better if it is in several doses.
INGREDIENTS (4 pers.):- 4 Greek yogurts
- 100 g of blackberries
- 50 g of sliced almonds
- 50 g of pine nuts.
For the granola:- 300 g of oat flakes
- 30 g of seeds (sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, etc.)
- 45 g brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 30 g hazelnuts
- 20 g of sultanas raisins
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 150º C. Mix the peeled and chopped hazelnuts with the seeds, oats, sugar, cinnamon and grapes. Add a pinch of salt. Beat the honey, vanilla and oil and add it. Mix so that all dry ingredients are well covered with honey, vanilla and oil.
Spread on a tray of oven covered with sulfurized paper. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven, stir and put a few more minutes until they acquire a golden hue, observing regularly so that it does not burn.
Take out of the oven and let it temper. Spread the yogurts in 4 bowls. Add granola, blackberries, almonds and pine nuts to each serving.Plum puree with yogurt
If you are one of those who do not like to find pieces of fruit in yogurt, this is your recipe. To the benefits of yogurt, add the properties of plum - protects the body and prevents aging - in a delicious cocktail.
- Red plums
1. Peel the red plums and remove the bones.
2. Crush the plums with the blender until they form a puree. In a transparent glass, put a thin layer of yogurt and another of plum puree. Stir them until the glass is complete.Chocolate and coconut fritters
A sweet as typical as delicious is the protagonist of this recipe. Fritters, with a touch of chocolate and coconut, are the perfect option to accompany your cup of coffee.
- 1 yogurt
- 80 g of grated coconut
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 200 g of flour
- Sunflower oil
- 10 g of sugar
- 150 g of chocolate fondant
1. Put in a bowl yogurt, sugar, a pinch of salt and egg. Beat well and add the flour and yeast and stir until you get a homogeneous mixture without lumps.
2. Put in a pan on the fire with plenty of sunflower oil. When the oil is hot, and with the help of two tablespoons, pour small amounts of dough. Fry the dough that will swell and keep it until it browns. Remove it on absorbent paper.
3. Put the chocolate in a water bath until it melts. Remove from heat and stir well. Dip the fritters in the chocolate only halfway and top them with grated coconut.Fruit jelly with yogurt sauce
This recipe cannot be considered only as dessert. Its nutrients and versatility make it the perfect breakfast for those days you are in a hurry.
- 6 g of neutral jelly
- 100 g raspberries
- 1 yogurt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pineapple juice
1. Put the pineapple juice in a large bowl on the fire. Heat it and when it boils remove it from the heat and reserve. Next, soften the gelatin in a bowl of water. When it is soft, drain it and add it to the pineapple juice. Stir until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
2. On the other hand, wash and dry the raspberries. Put them at the bottom of the chosen molds and water them with pineapple juice. Reserve it in the refrigerator until it solidifies.
3. Lightly beat the yogurt with the sugar and pineapple juice. Unmold the jellies, passing the mold through hot water, and serve on the plates with the yogurt sauce.Yogurt ice cream with berries
Ideal for good weather, the ice cream craves at all hours, even good morning. This, with natural yogurt, is very easy to prepare and, above all, very healthy. You can accompany it with any fruit, for example, with red fruits that contain a high dose of antioxidants that help fight free radicals.
- 3 eggs
- 2 lemons
- 150 g of sugar
- 300 g of yogurt
- 150 g of berries
1. Separate the whites from the yolks. Mix the yolks with the sugar until it is whitish.
2. Squeeze the lemons and mix the juice obtained with the yogurt and the yolks. Enter the mixture in a refrigerator or freezer until the preparation thickens and begins to set.
3. Mount the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt. With a blender, beat the mixture of yogurt and yolks to undo the ice crystals and incorporate the whites. Put it back in the freezer. When it starts to freeze, repeat the operation taking out the mixture and beating well. Put it back in the freezer until serving time. Accompany the frozen yogurt with the red fruits.